at Camp William B. Snyder
Michael’s Wood Shop was designed with the intent that it will be available for general use by the NCAC Scouting community for Scout, Unit or District events, merit badge days, summer camp programs and camp service projects. We have a broad array of hand and power tools, sufficient work space for large projects and unit events and the shop is outfitted with dust collection/dust filtration equipment. Please visit our photo gallery to view photos of the shop layout and work space, power equipment and dust control system.
How to Reserve – Training Required
1. Review the shop rules. In order to use the wood shop, you will need to have an adult trained as a Trained Wood Shop Leader or will need to arrange to have a Shop Steward available to host your event. In addition, you must have at least one adult present at all times with current First Aid/CPR certification.
2. Check the list of Scheduled Events to verify the space is not already reserved.
3. Contact Camp Snyder to request use of the Woodshop @ Camp.Snyder@scouting.org
Beginning in April, one week of evening sessions will be set aside monthly for Unit reservations. We will require a minimum of 5 participants for a unit reservation.
Michael’s Woodshop is pleased to offer a wide range of activities for Scouts of all ages. Please see our activity schedule.
Camp Snyder Wood Shop Rules 11-30-2018
Our Tool Wish List
Woodshop Volunteering and Training
Shop Steward website list 11-07-2018
Our Tool Wish List
We are always seeking to expand the capabilities of our shop to improve the experience of our users. Please visit our Wish List to view our current needs.
There are several ways you can donate:
View our Amazon Registry and purchase a tool for the camp. For your convenience, you may have your purchase delivered directly to camp:
Camp William B. Snyder
Attn: Wood Shop
6100 Antioch Rd
Haymarket, VA 20169
2. If you have shop supplies or good condition, used tools that are included on our Wish List, you may drop them off at the Camp Snyder Scout Shop during normal operating hours (see our main page for operating hours). Alternatively, please email us at Camp.Snyder@scouting.org to arrange for a drop off outside of normal operating hours or to arrange for us to pick up the tools. Please include “Wood Shop Tools” in the subject line of your email.
3. If you have good condition, used tools or equipment (including large equipment) that are NOT included on our Wish List, please email Dave Schneeman at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details, including photos if possible. Please include “Wood Shop Tools” in the subject line of your email and contact information if your preferred method of contact is other than email. Dave will contact you to discuss current camp needs and to arrange to pick up the tools or equipment if needed.
Please enjoy our photo gallery. If you would like to submit photos of your wood shop event or project, please email your photos and a brief caption to Camp.Snyder@Scouting.org. Please include “Wood Shop Photo” in the subject line of your email.
Michael’s Woodshop was created through the vision and leadership of Michael W. Snowden and is dedicated in his memory