Many Camp Snyder Facilities are available to rent.
Camp Snyder has something for everyone! Campsites, cabins and Carroll’s Cottage are available to rent from mid August through mid June. Amenities include pavilions and campfire rings in each campsite with nearby shower houses. Cabins and Carroll’s Cottage boast full kitchens and a large campfire ring. Rent the Gaga Pit, Big Dig, Fort, Rocket Field,Outdoor Amphitheater, and pavilions for activities. Hike our wetlands, fish the pond, or test your limits on the COPE Challenge Course.
Camp Snyder offers over 300 acres of forest, wetlands, nature trails and open space just waiting for your group to explore. Bald Eagles, Red Tail Hawks, and over 250 other bird species can be found at camp.Youth and adults alike will discover nature like never before!
Reservations are not final until the application has been submitted and approved and payment has been processed. Email and phone calls will not be accepted as actual confirmed reservations, but may be utilized to inquire about potential availability.
To discuss availability, please contact the camp office at 571-248-4904 or at email@example.com.
To reserve Camp Snyder for year round use or to reserve the Mobile Climbing tower, you must complete the Camp Snyder Usage Request Form.
To rent equipment you must complete the Equipment Rental Form.
Find places to stay while you visit DC, step outside the rat race into Northern Virginia’s backyard for some weekend camping, or set up your own camping event.
Check out these cool places to have your activity or event. Training and/or certification required to rent and operate.
Camp William B. Snyder Rules & Policies
- Check-In: The unit leader member will check the unit in by 7:00 PM.
- Upon Check-In the unit leader will submit headcount campers (youth/adult)
- Check-out is by 11:00 AM on your final day at camp.
- After 11:00am an additional daily fee will be assessed
- Vehicles are only to travel on the marked gravel roads.
- Under no circumstances will a vehicle be driven or parked on grassy areas.
- The camp speed limit is 10mph and the camp road is a 1 way loop.
- By order of the Prince William County Fire Marshall and in accordance with our land use permit no vehicles are to remain in the campsite area.
- Vehicles may enter the campsite area to drop off / pick up gear.
- Troop trailers are permitted in the camp site area and they must remain off the campsite fire lanes. (1 per campsite)
- In accordance with Virginia law no firewood is permitted to be brought into camp.
- There are to be no new campfire sites established.
- You are expected to have ample water nearby when using the campsite campfire rings.
- All fires must be extinguished by 10pm each night.
- Lights Out is 10pm and Camp Quiet Hours are 10pm-6am.
- Theme areas are off limits except during the time(s) specified on your Facility Use Request.
- No alcohol is permitted on camp premises.
- No pets are permitted on camp premises.
- A Scout is Clean: You are expected to leave the campsite and the shower house closest to your camp site in as good or better shape than you found it. Cleaning materials are provided in the shower house laundry rooms.
- All trash is to be in a tied up in garbage bags and deposited in the dumpster located behind the dining hall.
- The Campmaster will inspect the facility before you check out.
- It is the group’s responsibility to check-out with the designated Campmaster prior to departure to avoid billing for damages or cleaning.